Maybe it is not an issue at all, but write it in a CRITICAL way.
What is the meaning of DISCUSS?
According to Bloom Taxonomy, the verb DISCUSS appears in evaluation level which is the highest level in cognitive skills. Read the table carefully as it may trigger your mind to work on your slides.
Sample Question Stems
|Potential activities and products|
|Is there a better solution to...|
Judge the value of...
Can you defend your position about...?
Do you think ... is a good or a bad thing?
How would you have handled...?
What changes to ... would you recommend?
Do you believe?
Are you a ... person?
How would you feel if...?
How effective are...?
What do you think about...?
|Prepare a list of criteria to judge a ... show. |
Indicate priority and ratings.
Conduct a debate about an issue of special interest.
Make a booklet about 5 rules you see as important.
Form a panel to discuss views, eg "Learning at School."
Write a letter to ... advising on changes needed at...
Write a half yearly report.
Prepare a case to present your view about...
How to work?
1. Do a small research (surf internet, read books, read journal/magazines, chat with older people e.g. parent / lecturer / friends, etc.)
2. Plan / design your idea - sketch in mind mapping - ask yourself questions
3. Collect all the materials - record all references (citation and references in APA 5th style format)
4. Arrange your idea and materials in slides - start with general (broad) issues, gradually go to details and end with conclusion.
What are the Tips of good slides?
Check the links
Special requirements of this project
1. prepare more than 20 slides
2. highlight the issue
3. support your discussion with academic sources - 3 journal articles in your references (e.g. definitions, statistics from previous studies, theory etc.)
4. write your conclusion
5. upload your slide in slideshare - you can login with Facebook id and share the link in Facebook. ( I need the embed code!)
Email your slides to email@example.com
BM111 5A & 5F -
BM111 5B -
New deadline: 5th Aug 2012 (email + upload to slideshare + share the link in facebook)
1. Read your own slide from audiences' perspectives.
2. Ask other peoples to read your slides - check on spelling errors, ask their opinions etc.
3. Do not wait till the last minutes - start now
Check this cool slide about creative thinking. The embed code allows me to paste the slide here.